Thursday, May 24, 2012

Can you smell that June air?


It’s been more than a month of summer.  It’s going to be June in a few days. Time never fails to surprise me. 
Over the past month, so much has happened yet nothing has happened.  The juxtaposition of feeling and not feeling, being active and not being active… or just simply “being”… Everything has an opposite, but it always balances out- In 2 words, it would be Force & Friction. 
I’ve learned to hold on to some, and let go of some.  I’ve distanced from some and became closer to some.  I have slowly grasped the sense of “Now”.  I sense that I have grown in some ways, yet still maintain that childish mind of mine.  I am still unsure about so many things, but one thing I know for sure is that I try my hardest to make things happen for myself.  It doesn’t have to be big.  I’ve learned to appreciate very little things I’ve done. 
Time is running, and I am running with it.  “Waiting” is no longer in my vocabulary.  Yes, it was raining all day yesterday, but I still managed to go out get much needed art supplies. :] Hey, the little things. 
Thank you “time” for all that you’ve done.  
Gui Borrato tonight! My dear friend from Boston has been hyping me up for him.  I hope to god he does not disappoint.  Shit, I’m sure he is going to be mind blowing.

Sketches from this week: 
octopus at sea 


does octopus ever feel lost in the sea?
when it's deep in the sea, does it have split seconds of black and white?
does it feel trapped at sea?

inspired by moss

I went to "Mo Gan Shan", cruised around the art galleries. It was great, motivated me to keep doing art.  There are too many amazing people out there- beautiful works. 










No comments:

Post a Comment