Saturday, May 12, 2012

point in time- part 3

The partying can wait...
This weekend was needed to paint my shit out.
It was rather productive.
Thanks to Mac Miller, Pinot Grigio, Marlboro, and company from friends in between.

So I experimented with something new:

The theme still has to do with time.
each flower represents an event that has happened in one's life.
each flower becomes a different color. The color itself does not matter, I chose black because I think it is aesthetically pleasing.  The changing of color is to represent the event's life and age.  The older ones dry out, whereas the newer ones are still "glossy" and saturated.
Later I took the flowers off the canvas, and some of them left distinct shapes.  In contrast, some did not.  The physical, tangible things are no longer there, so we are left with memories- some more than others.

Viola! This is my new Canvas.  Instead of starting with a white canvas, I wanted to make my own canvas.  A canvas that has something to it already.

DSCN1767
It's nothing yet.. Hopefully it'll be something soon 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The process for the piece I've been working on
DSCN1608
IMG_0082



No comments:

Post a Comment