Friday, May 4, 2012

time- point in time

This morning was a rough one.  I knew exactly what I wanted to paint when I closed my eyes, but once it was time to transfer the image onto the canvas, things fell apart.
I thought hard about the idea of "time".
Time is everyone's best friend and their worst enemy.
Right now, I want it as a best friend.  I want it to be kind to me.
Later I thought about my hair.  It is a visual representation of time...
4 years ago, I barely had any hair, and now it is down to my waist.

I chose a shade of red and a shade of green for this piece because even though the whole world knows the two colors would never compliment one another, I wanted the two to mix.

I can already tell this process is going to be a long one.
It may be destroyed by the end, but I guess I care more for the process than the final result.
"Study the snow long enough and you see the individual crystals.."
An inspirational figure in my life said this to me today,  I thought it was beautiful.

“ So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future.” 
- Christopher McCandless


This is what I have for now
(now back to workkkkkkk)




DSCN1608
What to do now?? :/
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
coubles
been too long since I had a chance to dress up
Cheers Shanghai
DSCN1593

No comments:

Post a Comment