Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Power of Now

(I start my internship tomorrow.  Less time for art :[ on the bright side, Moving to the french concession! :D)

I am currently reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhard Tolle.  I went into the guest bed room where my mother usually stayed whenever she visited Grandparents.  (So000oo00o typical of my mom to buy a book like this... but I was intrigued so I started reading...)

The book basically talks about living in the moment.  No, not the kind of "living in the moment" you're probably thinking about..  and speaking of, I definitely saw a huge "YOLO" sign when I was on the highway the other day.  It was a Furniture or Tech store... I must snap a picture of it next time.  I guess Drake didn't come up with it.. trolled by China, haha.
there it is!
Anyways, so the book talks about being conscious of what you're feeling and experiencing, but having the power to not use that feeling to control your life.  "Shit happens, you move on" That's what we say when shit happens right? But you still feel like shit, and you're still unable to move on.  Whatever "shit" it was, it was in the past, so here is a little suggestion,
"Stay present, and continue to be the observer of what is happening inside you.  Become aware not only of the emotional pain but also of 'the one who observes.' the silent watcher.  This is the power of the Now, the power of your own conscious presence."

You may think the book sounds like something a depressed person would read. Negatory.
It really makes you think about what is going on in your life, and how you can improve your lifestyle. I've only read a few chapters so far though.


It's funny how little things in life connect with each other everyday.  
Story of the day: 
I was walking to my aunt's house to grab some home-made dinner, and on the way these kids were fighting about something.  I am not a fan of toddlers.  They are just annoying.  There were 2 local kids and 2 international kids.  Woopadidoo there,  Communication barrier..  one of the international kids keep asking the other one to find a rock or something sharp.  I couldn't help but walked over and asked them "What is going on?" and that "They should play nice with each other".  Turned out one of the local kids broke the international kids' soccer ball, so they wanted to break the local kid's bike in return.  I said to the kid, "Hey look, I know you're angry right now, but don't let your anger control your actions ok?  You can go buy a new ball.. Let it go."  He listened to me and walked away... As I walked away I yelled, "Hey kid, I'm proud of you.  Be happy."
I was surprised by myself.. was it because of that book?  
Anyways, I dealt with toddlers today! Self-high five.  


  IMG_0032 IMG_0034



hahahah :[

  

No comments:

Post a Comment