Wednesday, May 16, 2012

everything cycles

 I was sun bathing on the field outside of work yesterday.  I had my eyes closed and face towards the sky; startled by a tiny leaf landing on my forehead...  I took a look, and the mix of red and green on the leaf was beautiful.  I remember saying how red and green would never be compatible because they are not complimentary colors.  Well, the leaf proved me wrong.  Later I collected a couple of leaves to study their colors and patterns. 


 
Today, the leaves' colors are not as vibrant.  They are turning brown.  They have shrunk in size.  Their texture is drier.  The red is turning into purple.  The green is turning into yellow.  The leaves age fast.  I feel a rush of sadness when I look at the leaves.  Relating back to a person's life cycle, people get wrinkly.  People shrink in height.  People's hair change color.  I want to wait and see what happens to the leaves tomorrow, but I think I'll throw them out before I have to see them completely draught and brown.  :[

I wanted to explore with repetition and colors. Trying to make my mind run since I haven't been painting much.  Need to keep the art drive going.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment