Thursday, May 3, 2012

an unexpected Friday Morning

It's been two days since I've been back in Shanghai.  It is such a familiar place yet this time, it felt so strange.  Shanghai is where I get to see my family, but unfortunately, I am here alone for the summer :[
Living at home feels extremely lonely without my grandparents.
I woke up this morning frustrated that my dad had to leave for America.
Last time I saw him was months ago, and I was lucky he stayed an extra day in Shanghai to see me.
I searched the whole apartment for my old art supplies.  When I finally found them, I felt at ease.  I decided to make the living room into a studio.  Within an hour, I actually created something somewhat interesting.
The subject in the painting is me.  The idea has to do with "roots"- where you from, where do you belong, where do you want to be, where is home...etc.
I miss how it was so stress free during my little visit to California- inspired by palm trees.

DSCN1570

DSCN1571

DSCN1577
work in progress

DSCN1579

DSCN1578

DSCN1574
the asian household

DSCN1576
first piano- since 3 years old..

DSCN1575
asian household

DSCN1572
yes, they have dunkin's in Shanghai now (:

DSCN1568

No comments:

Post a Comment